Category: Projects

August 9, 2020

Tinting a Window

The other week the security screen arrived for the shed window. So, while installing it I thought I might put the extra effort in and also install some tinting to help control the temperature. The budget for this project was $50. As I’m new to tinting I of course watched many YouTube video detailing the process. I determined after watching that yes of course, I’ll […]

June 29, 2020

Raspberry PI 12V Alarm System

So, I believe I’ve finally finished our Home Alarm System. I haven’t went for an off the shelf cheap solution. Rather, I’ve opted for a fully cabled and customizable setup using a Raspberry Pi and a PiFace Digital 2. Hopefully at some point in the future, I will publish a YouTube video on the system so that others could implement it. Here’s an image of […]

June 22, 2020

Sealing a concrete shed slab

So, as part of the shed building process the first step was in getting a slab prepared and laid. The concreter, Darren that our shed company had organised us did a great job at preparing the site and was careful around all the irrigation pipes and pool pipies that came pretty close to the slab. By the time it came to the pouring day temperatures […]

June 4, 2020

Installed Dead Bolt and Door Lock

So, I finally got around to replacing the inside of this door’s key barrel. I went to my local locksmith in Townsville that I use for all my lock needs. I’ve always found them to offer great service and it’s also good knowing I can support local. The locksmith I use is Jim Roberts who charge reasonable prices for re-keying a lock to suit my […]

June 2, 2020

SR Suntour Forks – Changing Bicycle Forks on a Trek Bicycle

So, earlier in the year I was riding my Cross Country Trek Mountain Bike and noticed the forks gave way. This mean that I could no longer lock my suspension out or actually use suspension the way it’s meant to be – like reducing road and track vibration and generally absorbing shocks. So, I took to searching online to find a supplier for the forks. […]

March 30, 2020

Building a Double Gate

Over the weekend I ripped out the side yard fence to my property and installed two double-gates in preparation for the shed I’ve got coming later this year. Yes, I’ll have a shed by about July hopefully, though, who knows what to expect with many businesses’ closing their doors due to the Coronavirus. Why did I need to put in some double gates for my […]